Pinetop/Lakeside Chamber of Commerce, Mutt Strut event on July 4th, 2018
To be held at the Pinetop Country Club, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Two Veterinary Technicians will be at the event where Pet Allies will provide microchipping and toenail trims for the public at a discount ($15 chip $5 TNT).
Volunteers are needed to: (it is not necessary to spend the entire day, just a couple hours will be very helpful)
1) Handle the paperwork needed to get services. Hand out a form, make sure it is completed and signed, collect the appropriate fees, hold the funds in petty cash, dispense change as needed, keep paperwork in order to be used by the next volunteer.
2) Take the paperwork once the transaction is complete. Attach stickers for registering microchips. Give paperwork to client for their microchip. Keep all forms in order for return to the volunteer who will do data entry of chip info.
3) Walk shelter dogs who can wear ‘adopt me’ vest and potentially find their forever home.
4) Supervise and answer questions regarding any shelter pets available for adoption.
5) Help clients find a shelter dog to take on the walk.
6) Arrive at 7:15 a.m. to help unload supplies and set up table, canopy, etc.
7) Pick up a dog or two at the shelter to take to the event
8) Help break down and pack up supplies at 3 p.m.
9) Bring a dog back to the shelter after the event
This event is a first time event on the 4th of July 2018. We hope it is successful and will be held annually.